Highlights from the San Francisco Reunion August 13-15,
Steve Blasberg (CA68) welcomed over 40 guests to the reunion held at the Stanford
Campus. The reunion featured a walking tour of campus, day trips to nature sites
and San Francisco attractions, and a Saturday night dinner followed by lots of
music and conversation. We all had a super time - thanks for showing us San Francisco,
Steve! (And thanks also to Jan, Amy, and Lisa Blasberg for their hospitality!)
The key highlights from the business meeting follow.
- Steve provided a report from the 1998 meeting in West Virginia.
- The dates for the 2000 reunion were set and Judy Engibous agreed to be the
- Richard Wynne (KY82) provided a treasurer's report.
- Dave Hackleman (OR69) gave an update on the Adler Fund and announced a matching
challenge by two anonymous alumni for the first $10,000 donated by other alumni.
- Steve gave a presentation on behalf of Paul Shih (MI91) regarding the mentoring
program. (more details to follow in next newsletter)
- John Giroir (LA89) provided an update on the Foundation's activities and on
the past year's Camp.
- Electronic resources -- management of the database and Web site and publication
of the newsletter -- were discussed.
- Officers were nominated.